Welcome to Laramie County School District No. 2
We are extremely proud of our students, staff, and supportive community in Laramie County 2. Together, we are committed to meeting the needs of every student - Students First!
Whether you are new or returning, we are pleased that your family is a part of our community.
Back to School Packets
Back to school information packets, including student profiles for review, will be mailed to your household in early August. If you have any questions, please contact the school office.
School Supply Lists
Are posted on each school's website under school forms.
You may register your child as a student at any time during the school year.
Simply call the school or district office for more information.
- Albin Elementary School (307) 245-4090
- Burns Elementary School (307) 245-4150
- Carpenter Elementary School (307) 245-4180
- Pine Bluffs Elementary School (307) 245-4070
- Burns Jr/Sr High School (307) 245-4100
- Pine Bluffs Jr/Sr High School (307) 245-4000
- District Office (307) 245-4050
Which school can my child attend/?
Our district consists of four elementary schools serving students in K-6, and two combined junior/senior schools serving students in 7-12 grade. Please refer to the Boundary Map to learn which school attendance zone you reside in. If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact any of our school offices, or our district office.
LCSD2 Boundary Map
Students living outside the Laramie County School District 2 (LCSD2) boundaries may request a waiver to attend a school within the district. The waiver application must be completed and approved by the Building Principal and the Superintendent. Continuation of a waiver request is considered based on the following criteria:
- There is adequate capacity in the school and overcrowding is not a concern.
- The student demonstrates regular attendance, academic effort, and conformance with disciplinary standards.
- The family is willing and able to provide timely transportation to and from school.
- The request does not cause a financial burden for LCSD2.
Out-of-District Boundary Waiver Form
Our district aligns curriculum to the Wyoming Content and Performance Standards following the annual revisions to the state standards by the Wyoming Board of Education. LCSD #2's Board of Trustees reviews and approves district curriculum in all content areas.
LCSD#2 schools primarily operate on a 4 day school week, Monday through Thursday.
View 2019-2020 School Calendar
Our transportation program provides safe, reliable, and efficient transportation services for all students.
Students in Transition
Many families in transition don’t always know what resources and services are available to them, they don’t know what rights and protections their children have in school, and they don’t know where to go for help. If you are currently in transition and do not have stable or adequate housing, your first step is to contact: